Re: [NTLK] printing using LPR to OSX

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat Nov 26 2005 - 00:26:04 PST

Le 26 nov. 05 =E0 08:31, Brian a =E9crit :

> Hi Marty - yes I did go to the localhost page and I"m looking at the
> test print page right now! And very pretty it is too! I should have
> mentioned that before.
>
> Sorry to say I'm multi-Mac-less. And I don't even have any neighbour
> with one despite my efforts to convert them!
>
> Glad that you, like me and Woody, are not giving up; I"m sure that
> this exercise will be of use to quite a few people once we crack it!
>
> What next?

It may sound obvious, but you need to enable print sharing in OS X =20
preferences to be able to use your Mac as an LPR print server.

If you don't use any firewall or if you use MacOS X built-in =20
firewall, it should be fine. If you use a third party firewall, make =20
sure you let print requests go through (open TCP port 515).

Paul
--=20
Ministre ultrapl=E9nipotentiaire en disponibilit=E9.
Mobile. Sans baignoire fixe.
http://www.kallisys.com/
http://www-poleia.lip6.fr/~guyot/