[NTLK] Project Management

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Nov 13 2005 - 07:15:21 PST

Subject: [NTLK] Project Management
From: John <OceanCity () mac ! com>
Date: 2005-11-11 5:19:17

>I'm culling through the usual places to find a solid Project Management
>package for my 2100 to handle possibly PERT or CPM (critical path

Have you searched UNNA and the archives mirrored there (AMUG, Planet
Newton)? Doubtless there are some share-/freewares from the 1990ies
that cover this.
    Have you seen Time Tally, that's one example (
http://mujweb.atlas.cz/www/macwarez/nappz.html ), and I'd take any bet
that there is an application for every purpose written by our Japanese
Newton friends, only they didn't translate too many of their apps to
English (e.g. I've been looking for years for a tide table app and
found a brilliant one... only it is in Japanese and no worky much for
me, a real shame!), most of their developers seem to be offline or
don't reply mails anymore (paging Mr. Kusumoto, pls. get in touch...),
or their mails bounces straightaway.

Of more current apps, Eckhart's "Project 80" may be for you. See his
place http://www.40Hz.org .

>method) but can only find the usual OSX apps. Does anyone happen to
know
>if there is such a Newton package out there anywhere to handle
>fundamental PERT or CPM models?

No idea, mate, but... Why don't you testdrive the three apps mentioned
to you and any others you've found, check if they do this or not, and
write a short review/comparison of the apps and put it up on the Wiki?
That'd be really great and help the next Newtonian treading the same
path...

Read you later,

'Kasko