[NTLK] Help needed but you must be in Boston...

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 13:38:03 PST

Dear List,

This is not to say that my request nor the quest for a Clear MP2x00 is
any closer to reality, but it seems we may have a very possible first
step. and this would also pertain to anyone wanting to have access to
a Fab Lab to design anything for the Newton.

The recent thread that MIT has funded a few open source design centers
prompted me to dig a little deeper. I got in contact with their
Director of the South End Technology Center/MIT CBA. Too bad for me
this information did not surface earlier when I did have more time.

In any case this evening I got a response from their Director who
responded to my request with an invitation to call him when I'm in
Boston. This seems like we may now have access to a Fab Lab of some
sort (not as costly as a commercial facility nor likely totally
free...) I explained that I was interested in make a case, possibly a
CAD of a case and it seems that this maybe possible or even a
Plexiglas model of a flip cover...

This also means that someone needs to be in Boston and have time to
invest into any kind of project. So this is my call to the List
Members to see if anyone would be interested and in the area. Also
means that if you were interested in a different project that you
could use their facilities possibly for that too.

My thinking is that this could be the first step to getting a Clear
Flip Cover Fabricated... I would spend sometime in this endeavor but
I'm not locally situated to invest time in anything... nor will the
up-coming addition to my family allow such commitments...

Comments are welcomed...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung