[NTLK] Line lengths & "text/plain" in OS X Mail

From: Sonya Hipper (sonyalynn_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 13:16:55 PST

Anyone know how to achieve this in OS X Mail since there doesn't
seem to be a way in the GUI? Surgical edit to com.apple.mail.plist,
perhaps?

I tried poking my head in, but there were too many options that
looked like they could be it. I was hoping to short-circuit the
tedious process of testing each individual one...

Thanks!
-Sonya

On Nov 8, 2005, at 9:14 PM, hellsop_at_ninehells.com wrote:

> Have your email client send mail in plain text, hard-wrapped at 72
> characters, as the god Postel intended. The odd carriage returns
> and equals signs pop up because your mail client is trying to say
> "This is really a 150-character line" and Ecartis says "No hablo
> 'quoted/printable'. Hablo 'text/plain'." I've got Mutt (which I use to
> read mail most of the time) set to correct some of Ecartis' =20
> particularly
> eggregious oversights, such as trimming off the equals signs that show
> up actually at the end of lines, etc.

=3D=3D
     "I urge you all today, especially today during these
times of chaos and war, to love yourself without reservations
and to love each other without restraint. Unless you're into
leather. And then, by all means, use restraints."
                                                 =97Margaret Cho

Sonya Hipper
sonyalynn_at_earthlink.net
AIM: SonyaLynn