Re: [NTLK] I am my own grandpa (sysadmin?)

From: Norman Palardy (npalardy_at_great-white-software.com)
Date: Tue Nov 01 2005 - 12:12:29 PST

On Nov 01, 2005, at 8:59 AM, Paul Jerry wrote:

> With apologies to Dwight B. Latham and Moe Jaffe:
> I am my own sysadmin for my personal Powerbook G4 (I run an
> "unsupported platform" acording to my employer). So, in this case, it
> must have been magic.

I've worked for many employers who also considered my PowerBooks
"unsupported".
In many cases I appreciated that because the supported machines they
gave me were nothing short of pains in the butt.

My personal favorite was getting a IBM ThinkPad to drive dual monitors
when running Windows NT.
That took the support guys several months to get working reliably.
The whole while I had my old PowerBook G3 hooked up and doing it from
the moment I sat down on my first day.