Re: [NTLK] [OT] OS X: Backup to Firewire-HD?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 16:33:53 PDT

On May 30, 2005, at 1:33 PM, David Abramowitz wrote:

> On May 30, 2005, at 4:21 PM, DJ Vollkasko wrote:
>> Cheers, folks,
>>
>> a slightly Off Topic-question today: I would like to backup my
>> Powerbook's three partitions to my external Firewire harddisk. I have
>> tried with SuperDuper (too many error messages) and Carbon Copy Cloner
>> (can't backup to network or external drives, some error messages).
>> Both
>> didn't really work out for me, so I need something else.
>>
>> Any hot backup tool-tips out there?
>
> How about using Disk Utility to create images of the partitions, then
> copy the partitions to the external FW disk.

Actually you don't even need to do that, you could simply setup the FW
external with separate partitions for each on the internal. Disk
Utility could then be used to dup these... Either way will work fine
though...

Carbon Copy cloner definitely works great with external firewire
storage, so I am not sure what your complaint is with that.

There are also several other options like iMsafe and as a program I use
called synchronize pro X.

There are many great options. Try versiontracker and search for backup.

Also, depending on what error messages are reported. Diskwarrior by
Alsoft is the single must have disk utility for Mac users in my
experience.

Marty