Re: [NTLK] Printing woes

From: Julian Wright (julianwr_at_paradise.net.nz)
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 18:27:17 PDT

Domi wrote:

> As the MP130 seems to recognize the HP Deskjet driver, no mention of the
> 340 -- and no mention of the irda capabilities!!!
> When I choose "Deskjet" as the printer, the MP130 seems to go forward,
> prepares the printing, and "prints": i.e. I can *see* the MP130 working
> -- but no response from the HP Deskjet 340, no signal that it is
> receiving data from the MP130!!!

If you select the standard Deskjet driver then the Newton outputs to the
serial port, not the IR port.

You need to select the "HP Deskjet 340 (IrDA)" printer to get this to work.

You can connect the DeskJet 340 to your Newton via a standard PrintPack
and print via the regular HP Deskjet driver if you prefer.

Julian.