[NTLK] Printing woes

From: Domi (ntdomi_at_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 11:22:17 PDT

Hi!
I got a portable Deskjet 340, along with an IR transceiver.
This printer seems to be alive, but it doesn't print, with my "new"
MP130.
I wonder if MPs < MP2K will print on a HP Deskjet printer...
The native drivers out-of-the box don't include HP drivers, only old
StyleWriter drivers (not even a Color StyleWriter Pro driver!)
I made a tour on the net, and some archives, such as UNNA.
I got a HP Deskjet driver (in printpk2.pkg), and hp_irda.pkg.
As the MP130 seems to recognize the HP Deskjet driver, no mention of the
340 -- and no mention of the irda capabilities!!!
When I choose "Deskjet" as the printer, the MP130 seems to go forward,
prepares the printing, and "prints": i.e. I can *see* the MP130 working
-- but no response from the HP Deskjet 340, no signal that it is
receiving data from the MP130!!!
The IR window of the MP130 is well placed in front of the IR receiver of
then printer.
I made more than once a soft reset onto the MP130.
The person who selled me the printer certifies that it worked with her
*MP2K* ;->

--
MP130