Re: [NTLK] WAAS accuracy

From: Newton (newton_at_spymac.com)
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 15:37:32 PDT

>> Are the WAAS signals for free=20
>> in the US?
> Yes.
Lucky guys! We had to pay 500USD per year as well as 3kUSD for the =
f(/%(/%g
DGPS :-(
I met some people, which worked with RTK-GPS to drill a tunnel hole =
close to
Zurich and they helped me in several different ways (giving exact
coordinates an so on...) and they pointed my to methods to check-out the
accuracy of your GPS. Later (in the middle of the Yugoslavian war) I =
checked
the accuracy to be within +/-1m with a normal, now 8 years old, GPS
receiver.

Regarding this nice Holux GR-213 GPS mouse I think it will work with
connector adaptor. The low power consumption is a plus but the =
capability of
20 channel reception is not needed, with 28 sats on sky of which only =
1/3 is
visible.

Marco