Re: [NTLK] Rebuilt battery pack

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 11:41:27 PDT

On May 13, 2005, at 3:43 AM, Ola wrote:

> Here are some photos from my first attempt at rebuilding a battery
> pack. I split the old pack in two halves and replaced the old cells
> with brand new 2300mAh ones. Wasn't too difficult but the pack is now
> a tiny bit too large (I think the new batteries may be ever so
> slightly larger) and won't eject without gentle tapping on the side of
> the Newt.

You can expect your newtons top case to crack over time if the battery
is too large. I know this, because I also built a "split down the
seam" refurb pack.

I now think that is a bad way to go, as it allows the dimensions of
the overall pack to change. IMO Franks method of making a window is
the top of the pack is superior.

FYI
Marty