[NTLK] Rebuilt battery pack

From: Ola (ola_at_mikrogroove.com)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 03:43:03 PDT

Here are some photos from my first attempt at rebuilding a battery pack. I split the old pack in two halves and replaced the old cells with brand new 2300mAh ones. Wasn't too difficult but the pack is now a tiny bit too large (I think the new batteries may be ever so slightly larger) and won't eject without gentle tapping on the side of the Newt. However, take a look at the battery meter photo, this is after being switched on (sleep disabled) for 12 hrs+...

http://84.45.16.64/newton/newton_oldpack.jpg
http://84.45.16.64/newton/newton_newpack1.jpg
http://84.45.16.64/newton/newton_newpack2.jpg
http://84.45.16.64/newton/newton_battmeter.jpg

Does anyone know what the original spec for the cells in the Newt 2K/2K1 battery packs was? 1200mAh? 1500mAh?

Ola