Re: [NTLK] [Q] How to format Linear Flash Card with frizzed index?

From: Gary Moody (gmoody_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 09:06:01 PDT

Hi DJ,

Okay, if you hold the stylus (or your thumbnail) down on the screen on the
left side about 1" to 1 1/2" up from the bottom of the screen, and while
holding the sylus on that point, inserting the card, you will get a dialogue
asking if you want to activate the packages on the newly inserted card.
Respond "NO", and the card will be recognized with package activation.

What frequebtly happens here is:

1. You used freezing to manage heap, and most of the packages that were on
this card before were frozen.

2. A restore will put the packages on the card in an "unfrozen" state.

3. Inserting a loaded high capacity card where all of the packages are
unfrozen will overrun your available heap, and cause the newton to lock up.

By using the above technique, you can get into the card, freeze everything
that should be in a frozen state, and then reboot. it should come up fine
after that.

Regards,

Gary

<SNIP>

--
+++ Neu: Echte DSL-Flatrates von GMX - Surfen ohne Limits +++
Always online ab 4,99 Euro/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl