Re: [NTLK] Ideal Hardware - was: Re: where is einstein going?

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 20:22:54 PST

On Mar 29, 2005, at 5:36 PM, Michael Chrisman wrote:
> That gets my vote. Just need someone to develop an LCD touch screen
> that can role up.

eInk (or OLED) based display, touchscreen implemented perhaps using
capacitance sensing technology with a special pen (how a Wacom tablet
works - I wonder if the grid could be put on something that could bend
and still work?) Or maybe use a wire (or plastic conductor) mesh,
along with a sheet of flexible piezo-electric plastic material.

   Now, how about an interface like the Taelon shuttle pods? :) (FTL
Drive optional..)

Jim