Re: [NTLK] Installing Linux/NetBSD on a PocketPC from a Mac

From: Apostolos Koutropoulos (der_admiral_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 07:52:12 PST

I had installed Familiar linux (with GPE as the GUI) many moons ago.
It was a 3870 (with bluetooth - unfortunately neither bluetooth nor SD were
supported back then so I gave up). I could not install do anything over USB
back then. I had to plug in the serial port, and use a terminal application
to connect to the iPaq. Once I did that installing packages was a
breeze...of course I got caught up in dependency hell, but I eventually
figured my way out of it :-)

If you have access to a serial port, use the serial port. I think it's more
dependable than USB and it works for sure.

On 3/27/05 4:17 AM, "Paul Guyot" <pguyot_at_kallisys.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Did anyone try to install NetBSD or Linux on a PocketPC from a MacOS X device?
>
> Ferdi sent me an iPaq 3670. After having bought PocketMac Lite, I was
> able to install the bootloader but I cannot figure out how to use the
> USB console to go further.
>
> Experience? Thoughts?
>
> And yes, it means the first device I'll try to port Einstein on will
> be this unit, though with 64 MB of memory, I will seriously need to
> optimize the emulator.
>
> Paul

Technology geek