Re: [NTLK] Newton resetting

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 04:35:15 PST

> Question... Would a sticking reset button
> cause this problem? When I press and hold the
> power button the system goes through the
> hard reset cycle. I'm not pressing the reset
> button at all when I do this, is this=20
> "normal" or is my reset sticking causing this
> problem. It would seem like an easier fix if
> it is the culprit.
> What do you think?

In cases like this I have found that the most
reliable results can be obtained by trying things
out. I pressed the reset button on my 2100 and
kept it pressed, and, lo and behold, the Newton
powers up and restarts in a loop.

If this is in fact your problem, I can fix your
Newton for free. I have some organ donator boards
that could be convinced to part with a reset button.

Frank