[NTLK] TiPaint

From: Hemant Kamat (hemantkamat_at_eth.net)
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 00:52:29 PST

My apologies for posting an unrelated topic, but considering the tremendous
support I've received from this community, this seems to be th best place to
start!

My Ti PowerBook's showing the usual signs of wear & tear (chipped paint,
scratches on the titanium coating), despite me being a careful user.
Searching on Google for a solution to restore my TiBook to it's former
glory, returned an interesting product: http://www.tipaint.com

However, subsequent searches to substantiate the claims made by the site
resulted in 3 out of 4 reviewers stating that the product did not work as
advertised, or the paint did not match the TiBook and they ended up ruining
the finish, whereas one user (on MacWorld forums, IIRC) reported that using
a toothpick, he was able to cover all the chips & scratches so well that
he's forgotten that they even existed.

Now, I'm hesitant to try TiPaint, considering the diverse feedback that I
have seen, and the fact that it costs $29.95 with shipping to India
included.

So here's my request: if any among you have tried TiPaint, or personally
know someone who has, please respond. Your advise is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Hemant Kamat