Re: [NTLK] Adaptor for eMate

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 14:10:51 PST

Umm, I'm curious as to what you mean by a 12v charger. Is this a
charger that is powered by 12 volts, say from a car battery? Or is it a
charger that feeds 12volts to the newton? I f it is the latter, I would
seriously worry because I was under the impression that the input
voltage to your eMate should never have exceded 7 volts, and the
current not over 1.2 amps at any voltage. If this charger did indeed
supply 12 volts, then I highly doubt it was an original Apple branded
newton power supply. Or I'm barking up the wrong tree here and the
eMate is odd in that it wants 12v rather than 7, anyone know?

J Tyler Nichols