Re: [NTLK] Email software

From: Jim Loudon (listadr_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 04:34:20 PST

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 Dan wrote:

> The exception to this rule of course is with some
> of the big providers (AOL for example) they use
> custom software to connect and without this you
> can't use the service.

I guess I've been hallucinating for the last few months, then -- I use
Pine to read/write AOL mail (and most of my other mail hosts as well).

Maybe Pine is actually custom AOL software? :-)

AOL has been accessable to IMAP clients, including MailV, for nearly a
year; some of the other newtontalk posters have noticed:

http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2005-03/0569.html

jim