Re: [NTLK] Email software

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Mar 20 2005 - 18:04:19 PST

Konstantinos Theofilis wrote:
> Almost all of free POP mail providers allow you to access your email
> with standard mail programs (Newton programs included!!)
> Just standard POP mail!

Actually no it isn't. Gmail does allow POP mail but it requires a
secure connection which we can't do. But Yahoo, Hotmail and others
often only allow a webinterface or the program of their choice. In the
case of Hotmail Outlook can access it, but nothing else.

Unless something has changed dirmatically in the past few weeks.

-Dan