Re: [NTLK] Faulty eMate

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 16:22:58 PST

>> If you want, you can send it
>> my way and I can have a look at it. Looking, as usual,
>> is free for list members.

> Would you be able to fix it? (assuming the on-board RAM
> is shot)

Without a decent schematic diagram it'll be difficult to
find out if the RAM is shot or not. But you wouldn't believe
how many defects are visible when scutinizingly checking a
main logic board under a microscope. Bent and shorted pins,
poor soldering, diet coke or green tea having crept under
an integrated circuit, you name it.
Wouldn't hurt to try, if you're willing to risk shipping to
Germany.

Cheers

Frank