Re: [NTLK] Newton and E-mail

From: Adam Ladds (aladds_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 15:02:18 PST

On Tuesday, March 15, 2005, at 09:28 PM, Martin Joseph wrote:
> On Mar 15, 2005, at 12:51 PM, jg wrote:
>>
>> Thanks I will try it out tomorrow.
>>
> Of course NO Newton mail client will send mail through Yahoo's SMTP
> servers as Simon pointed out,

I have personally sent mail from simplemail using my MP2100 and the
yahoo SMTP server.

The reason it can't receive mail from yahoo is because (I think) it
tries to log on using APOP or IMAP not POP (I think this because it
says -ERR popgate unknown command when you try to connect with it (that
is, simplemail connecting to the yahoo pop mail server)).

cheers

Adam