Re: [NTLK] HELP extras , more problems

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Mar 06 2005 - 20:51:07 PST

jg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have copied from one card to an other and the second card, when
> mounted, informs me that the packages cannot be activated due to an
> error. Not more than this. Any ideas? John

It means your package soup is corrupted, and it is getting worse. You
need to backup everything using NCU (newton Connection Utilities) using
a Desktop computer. Then restore your data only and I would reinstall
the packages from the original files rather than chancing the backup. I
may be so bad now you can't backup.

If that is the case (or you can't use NCU for some reason). Take a
freshly formated (BLANK) card, and move all DATA and no packages at all
to the card. Then brain wipe and reformat the cards you have been using
  and causing you problems. Then reinstall the packages from original
files, but then you are going to need NCU or some sort of package
installer and a desktop to install them.

I still would recamend you backup using NCU as soon as possible before
it does not work at all. If you manage to get it to backup, do a brain
wipe and format all cards, then restore data only....no packages. And
reinstall them with the original files. This should fix your problem.

-Dan