[NTLK] [OT] Re: Father of the Mac dies

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 09:18:03 PST

On Mar 4, 2005, at 5:31 AM, Brian Pearce wrote:

>> I couldn't disagree any more strongly.
>>
>> He was in fact the moving force behind the mac. The fact that the
>> project finished without him is immaterial.
>
> I think it's more the case that he shouldn't be referred to as the
> *only* father of the Mac -- that does a great disservice to the other
> people who contributed so much to the finished product.

Agreed. It wasn't a one person project. Luckily it seems to have
turned out all right :~)

Although I clearly do see and admit many other people's powerful
influence and contribution, I still believe based on my own reading
and contact with Apple people, that the concept of the product and the
original team building for the macintosh project were undertaken by
Raskin.

The quickdraw thing is very interesting, thanks for that one Alex.

Marty