Re: [NTLK] Mac Swap Meet

From: Richard (newtontalk_at_rssternberg.org)
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 14:55:57 PDT

The Washington Apple Pi has been sponsoring Garage Sales the the
Washington DC area twice a year for way longer than I've been a
member (which started in 1988-89). They've just cancelled the summer
one this year for the first time because the swap meets stopped
breaking even several years ago. It took a ton of volunteer time to
run them. Folks seem to be departing the user group model for the
more impersonal Internet. Maybe it's just blind loyalty, but I
couldn't get by without the user group. Unfortunately, my group knows
nothing about Newtons. I'm probably the most knowledgeable member,
and that isn't saying much.