Re: [NTLK] NCU on Tiger's Classic

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 03:09:01 PDT

Tony,

> I have a slight problem. When I try to install NCU
> in Classic [9.2.2] on my PowerBook G4 running Tiger, I click Accept
> on the license agreement, and then the installation hangs with a
> dialogue box saying "Preparing to Install".

I have a similar setup (17") and the installation was OK but I have
the -28706 AppleTalk error which is proving impossible to fix. All
other Newton applications work fine over AppleTalk: X-Port, Newton
Press, NPI... but NCU - nada. I'm getting a Keyspan serial adaptor to
see if it will work that way.

I suggest starting up classic with 'extensions off' from the classic
sys. prefs. panel and see if it makes a difference. Giving the
installer app. some more memory in Get info might be another ploy.

The location of the installer might be another issue - if you have
not already done so, put the installer in the Applications (OS 9)
folder and not in a sub-folder of that directory.

Joel.