Re: [NTLK] Backup packages on flash card? OR Where to get flash cards?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 17:41:55 PDT

> I found a 10mb flash card that has a couple of large medical
> texts/packages. Being the packrat I am, I'd like to keep them, if
> just for posterity's sake. Unfortunately, they seem to have some
> serious copy protection on them. They won't back up using any of the
> Apple connectivity applications, so I can't extract them from a
> backup. PackageBuddy gives me the error "Can't route this type of
> icon" when I try to send the packages back to my Mac.

Well you could try EEtransfer. Then you can transfer the packages using
Zmodem and terminal software. I have used this combination for the more
stubborn packages. As for the backing up, if you use a tool to turn the
"backup bit" back on using something like Package manager which is part
of Newt Case then you can backup the packages as usual.

-Dan