Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Sun Jul 17 2005 - 07:17:04 PDT

On 17 Jul 2005, at 13:40, Alex wrote:

> 1. 2500 mAh Nimh cells are safe for use with the 2100, no?

Perfectly. I have been using them with great success in my MP2Ks for
a year now instead of the rechargable pack. Alkalines are also good
but expensive.

> 2. Must I remove the battery tray with the alkalines or nimh tray
> installed? I understand that the AC adapter won't charge the
> batteries, but can it hurt the Newton or the batteries to leave the
> tray inserted when the AC is attached?

No need. The standard battery tray does not allow charging of the
installed batteries.
If fact it's a good idea to plug in the Newt before changing the
batteries in the tray, that way the Newt thinks nothing has happened.

Joel.