Re: [NTLK] Mail V problem + driver info + browser

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 09:17:28 PDT

Brian wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am sl..o..o..o..wly getting to grips with my 2000 and the following
> snags have arisen:--
>
> 1. On Mail V I think I have everything set up ok but when I try to
> send I get the message that Mail V can't resolve the smtp host IP.
> Any clues as to what's happening?

You typed the address properly?

You specified DNS server addresses in your Internet Setup *or* your DHCP
server is providing some, right?

> 2. I have a TDK Global Freedom 5660 card - but I think it needs
> drivers - any info on what ones?

I don't believe there's a Newton driver available for that card. Try the
"28.8 and faster" setting in Modem Prefs.

> 3. I have been trying browsers - Nethopper seems to connect well but
> all I get is a string of html code so some help on resolving this
> would be welcome. Courier works but I can't seem to get on with it
> - no page of bookmarks (unless I'm missing something) and no helpful
> keyboard entry facitily (my Newton struggles with my writing!). any
> helpful tips on this browser would also be welcome.

Quick rundown of all the browsers is on the Wiki:

http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/WebBrowsers

Courier, actually, *is* a big list of bookmarks - you just haven't entered any
yet :)

Tap New, then tap the "i" in the upper-left corner of the window, write in a
title for this bookmark and the URL (don't forget http://), tap OK, then hit
either the "go to first page" button ( |<- ) or the Reload button to load the
page.