Re: [NTLK] Problem with Works part two

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 15:50:53 PST

Libreria Il libro parlante wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> first of all, thank you for your help, although I didn't succeed in
> writing with Works yet. After five-six strokes an error appears and it
*snip*

I agree with what Woody said, but I would suggest before doing a brain
wipe delete the works package and any ones that are a part of it. Draw
is another addon package for example. Another thing you can try is
freezing all packages except the main Works package and see if that
fixes your problem.

How you freeze a package is by taping and holding on a package in the
Extras drawer till you hear a "squeak". Then taping on the envelope
(routing) icon at the bottom of the screen and select freeze. If you
don't have freeze listed in the routing menu, you need to enable it by
installing a freezing package. I would suggest options
http://www.sbm.nu/englisch/newton/optionen/index.htm which is free and
allows you to do other things besides enable freezing.

If that fixes the problem then you have a package conflicting with
Works. Enable them one by one and then trying to write in Works till
you find the troublesome package and either leave it frozen or delete it
if you don't use or need it. But if after freezing every package and
works still gives you problems, try deleting the main Works package then
reinstalling it. And if that don't work, finally do a brain wipe.

-Dan