Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 OS X woes

From: Kirk Zathey (zathey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 09:35:56 PST

On 25-Jan-05, at 2:07 AM, Clinton Yelvington wrote:

> 2100 docks fine with an older Titanium 667 running OS 9 and NCU. Is my
> problem related to Escale, my card, or what? Any help would be much
> appreciated. I really would like to be able to use my Newton without
> reaching for an older machine all the time...

I believe you have to use NCU for an AppleTalk connection to your
computer. I think NCU over AppleTalk works fine under Classic
Environment. So try loading NCU, tell it to listen over AppleTalk, and
make sure AppleTalk is enabled on your Newton. If you are not on a
router or hub, you will have to use a crossover cable. You may even
have to hardcode your IP. Hope this helps.

Kirk Zathey