Re: [NTLK] Problem with Works

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2005 - 09:14:08 PST

On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 07:58:44AM -0600, Woody Smith wrote:
> Newton works is not designed for handwriting. There are several
> enhancements available that can add handwriting, such as Handwriting
> works from SAS < http://standalone.com/newtonos/>
> they also offer other enhancements in a package called WorksBetter.
> Another package is WriteStuff.
> So without one of these or a similar package installed you need to use
> a keyboard, and the keyboard needs to be attached before you turn the
> newton on.

Before you turn the newt on, if you're using a SER-001 board to connect
the keyboard. Dongle-attached keyboards do the protocol dance when
plugged in to make it all good.

--
36. I will not imprison members of the same party in the same cell block, let
    alone the same cell. If they are important prisoners, I will keep the only