Re: [NTLK] OS X lite for handheld?

From: Richard Kilpatrick (dmc12_at_btconnect.com)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2005 - 07:23:50 PST

On 20 Jan 2005, at 07:24, Dale Steele wrote:

> I just came across this on the powerbook zone site and couldn't resist
> sharing it. Enjoy.
>
> Dale
>
> Bringing Mac OS X to the Pocket
>
> While Newton and eMate users can still be found, clinging with fierce
> determination to their beloved PDAs, Mac OS X has made it harder, both
> technically and aesthetically, to go back to the monochrome screen.
> The other PDA makers, though, have stuck to a variety of operating
> systems unlikely to attract the cultivated tastes of Mac users. In
> response, Wired has written an interesting article discussing how one
> Austrian Mac user has managed to unite the best OS with the latest
> hardware. Perhaps this could spur Apple to consider a Mac OS X Lite?

Bah, what a non-story. I do that with my Clie and Beige G3, and before,
I'd tried it with the Newton as had thousands before. What a load of
rubbish. At least the UX50 looks like a tiny PowerBook.

Richard

--
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)