Re: [NTLK] Backlight buzz

From: James Grubic (jgrubic_at_bozeman.k12.mt.us)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 08:06:26 PST

> The back light is obviously useful and I must check out to establish
> whether the frequency from the transformer is likely to be picked up
> by bats?

I've read that some of the backlight replacements out there make less of
a buzzing sound.

I seem to recall that there was one pinkish in hue, which would be more
suitable for night time viewing since it's closer to red. (Astronomy 101).

I would imagine that since bats have such an augmented sense of hearing,
that they would have no problems picking up the Newton buzz. But maybe
if you are lucky, they will be drawn to it... :)

James