[NTLK] Has anyone installed CU successfully

From: Børre Ludvigsen (borrel_at_abdallah.hiof.no)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2005 - 14:16:20 PST

on a 15" or 17" G4 PowerBook? Apparently these machines cannot boot into
OS 9 and it seems to me that this characteristic also prevents me from
successfully installing the Newton Connection Utilities. I (only) have
both these machines and have tried:

   - reparing permissions (in OS X)
   - installed OS 9.2.2 on a separate volume
   - rebuilt the Destop (in OS 9)
   - booted OS 9 with all extensions disabled
   - tried to mount the 3 disk images with DiskCopy (OS 9) before
     running the installer
   - tried to mount them with Disk Utility (OS X)

The Installer just runs forever (in one case an hour) before it simply
freezes the machine. The last two points above don't work. Neother
program is able to mount the images and both return error messages along
the lines of the images being unrecognizable.

Does anyone have the possibility of making an archive of a ready
installation? Or won't this work? My working memory of the in's and
out's of pre-OS X systems is getting somewhat hazy and without the
appropriate hardware, there is nothing to jog it.

Thanks,

- Barre

    B=F8rre Ludvigsen - http://www.hiof.no/~borrel/ - +47 908 24 608
                      N41.79641 W87.58523 402M