Re: [NTLK] Moving files

From: Matthew Reidsma (reidsma_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 05:54:51 PST

johnc wrote:
> On Jan 4, 2005, at 11:33 PM, B=F8rre Ludvigsen wrote:
>
>>I'd like to move simple files like notes, and works files from my=20
>>MP2100
>>to my OS X Mac - and to put plain ascii text notes onto my MP. How? I
>>seem to remember that this wa spossible using the OS 9 Connection
>>Utilites, but now I can't install them. The installer just loops
>>forever. Any tips?

Please note, for those keeping score: community contribution in progress:

I recently revisited our good friend nSync and the new TextSync plugins
developed by NoWhereMan. I haven't used it to sync Dates or Addresses,
but it works like a peach syncing plain text notes and moving notes onto
the Newton. Works great over my Beige G3 serial port and via Ethernet.

You'll find everything you need at NoWhereMan's online depot:

http://homepage.mac.com/nowhereman77/hacks/newton/index.html

Enjoy.

</community contribution>

Matthew Reidsma