Re: [NTLK] Can't import text to Newton from NCU v.1.0 PLS HELP

From: Don V. Zahniser (irntooth_at_eznet.net)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2005 - 06:02:45 PST

Alex -

NCU (for Mac) uses the Claris XTND translators that are installed in the
Claris folder in the System folder.

I had problems similar to what you are reporting when I tried to make
Newton Books from RTF using Newton Press, which also uses the Claris
XTND system. I solved that by using MacLink to make my RTF file into a
MacWrite II (IIRC) document, which translated fine into Newton Press.

If you have NCU installed, you should already have a Claris folder.

There is an archive at:

http://www.inventors-emporium.co.uk/pages/newton.html

that I downloaded with XTND translators to supplement those in NCU. It
includes a Nisus Writer XTND translator.

 - Don