Re: [NTLK] Need application that can change a package icon

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2005 - 09:49:39 PST

I said...

> is there an application that lets you change the icon of a Newton
> package? Doesn't matter if it is a PC or a Mac application.

Thanks for all your answers, but I'm afraid that I didn't express
myself clearly enough.=20

I do NOT want to edit an icon on the Newton. Neither do I want to
change the icon that my Mac or PC shows for a Newton package.
I want to change the icon that a package will present itself with
in the Newton's Extras folder WITHOUT having to edit it in the
Newton after downloading it. =20

The reason is that I make the NewtonBook package that is the manual
of BattLog (to be released soon) with PaperBack. Books created
with PaperBack have the PaperBack icon in the Extras drawer. I want
them to have a different icon. So I need an app that can change=20
the icon the Newton package will have in the Newton's Extras drawer
while said package is still on my Mac or PC.
I know how to do this using a hex editor, but this is kind of=20
clumsy.=20

Frank