Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V5 #86 serial dongle.

From: vinnewt_at_mac.com
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 12:41:53 PST

On Friday, February 18, 2005, at 01:24PM, Vincent Oswalt <voswalt_at_mac.com> wrote:

>On Friday, February 18, 2005, at 11:27AM, Clare Shepherd <clareshepherd37_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I was about to order a serial dongle, when a message popped up the sites
>>certificate. So I've left it for now has anyone actually purchased from
>>jksalesinc.com Since I am desperate to link to my PC and don't have the
>>dongle to fit the slot on my 2000, I'd be grateful for any info.
>>Clare
>>PS I know the ser 001 is a better option but I don't feel up to it without
>>more experience.

I bought both my 2100 and SER-001 from J&K Sales. The 2100 was in mint condition as they advertised, and the SER-001 works great. If you don't wish to install the SER-001, they will do it for you for a fee.

I phoned them directly with some questions I had about the Newton and I found them to be very helpful. If you had some specific concerns or questions, I suggest that you email or phone them. I received responses from them in a very timely manner.

Best regards,
- Vince