[NTLK] High Quality replacement MP2x00 white backlights

From: Calvin Grier (cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 10:50:48 PST

I've read a few posts recently about Ebay purchases of replacement backlights. Sometimes Ebay isn't all it's cracked up to be.
I thought I'd restate that www.adago.net is still selling laser-cut white EL backlights for the MP2000/MP2100 Messagepads. The price is still $29 USD plus shipping. We don't charge any insurance fees.

This is a NEW backlight that's engineered to be a better replacement than the Apple original. The main difference that we note on the website is that the brightness is somewhat lower than the original green. The dimenstional tollerance on this EL panel is better than the original - so you get a more snug fit when installing.Frank Gruendel <fg2_at_pda-soft.de> posted a picture with our backlight here: http://www.pda-soft.de/3backlights.jpg. Tighter tollerances mean the "lit" area is more confined on the white backlight than the Apple or Backlight4you model, as you'll note in Franks picture. This means that there is less stray light going to waste (about 10%) when running your Newton in the dark.

Please email me if you have any questions.

--Calvin Grier
Clearly Newton