Re: [NTLK] [OT] cleaning a keyboard

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 05:08:59 PST

On 11-feb-05, at 13:57, Patrick Jendraszak wrote:
> As an avid reader (but one who posts infrequently), I was wondering
> why I
> hadn't seen your signature line for a while!

And can you imagine me silently reading on the side?

> Bad luck on the Cube. Are you going to repair it or replace it with a
> mini-Mac? I still have a Cube running at my place of work (a church -
> in
> another person's office) and it always gets comments from new people
> who see
> it!

Yeah, it rally made me very unhappy. The remains of the Cube are sold
and I bought a G4 400, with the 800 MHz processor and the 1 GB of
memory from the Cube and a new 120 GB hard drive. This machine works
very nicely as well, just not as beautiful and silent :-(

I must say that the experience left me a bit less sure about how
dependable the Cube is, but somebody with the same experience with
another model would probably have the same feelings.
As for the Mac mini: wasn't available yet and too expensive. Especially
considering the parts I still had, and the G4 was picked up the same
day for 250 euros.

Robert Benschop