Re: [NTLK] What an Ass!

From: Gavin Hall (zoooctan_at_yahoo.com.sg)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 03:36:59 PST

Hello folks. While I have joyously recently
re-discovered my 2100, I had hoped that my first post
to this group after a long while would be of a more
positive note, but unfortunately I found this thread.
You see, I too have noticed things for sale by
knowledge navigator and having been out of the scene
for awhile, i actually bid and won two items. One was
a backlight screen (which i urgently need for my
fading one) and the other was for a wifi ethernet
card. However I was shocked to receive news from him
that though each item was approximately US$20, he
wanted to charge me upwards of US$30 for shipping for
EACH item and is insisting that I pay an additional
minimum of US$10 per item for insurance if I pay via
Paypal. Although I live in Singapore, I wrote him
politely and suggested that my experience buying /
selling (100% + feedback and 6 yrs on eBay) didn't
make me feel that something relatively ligth and
non-bulky should be so expensive to ship. In addition,
I told him I saw nowhere on paypal that said that
buyers should pay for insurance. He wrote back
promptly (and politely I must add) that his experience
in Canada was that selling for international made him
register articles (so that he can be accountable to
paypal) and this means significantly upping the
shipping type and price. In return he said that he's
willing to forgo the insurance and even try a lower
ship rate if I pay by some other means like Bidpay. So
I wrote back immediately to ask for a requote for
bidpay but he hasn't replied since. Not that I'm
implying anything, but after reading some of the
comments on this list...I'm starting to wonder...I
really need that backlight screen!

Any advice.

Gavin