Re: [NTLK] Christmas Eve, Apple Store - Employees Still Using Newts!

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt (Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 10:36:05 PST

At 04:07 28.12.2005, you wrote:
>Marcus,
>
>I think you ought to return to the store and find a "competent"
>individual to help you make the switch from a windows box to OS X.

Not sure that I'm inclined to go to that special place again.
If switching is on the agenda I'd check out someplace different.

>The guy you talked to must have been a real idiot. What type of
>circa '93 files were you taking about?

Mostly wri-files (old Windows Works format), but there is also CorelDraw 3.0
/4.0 and Photoshop 3.0 stuff I care about.

>And unless you are talking
>about the huge cinema display (which by the way requires 2 graphics
>cards actually) then the display will work fine on even base model
>G5s.

Somehow he explained to me you can't do moving image stuff
with base G5 Power Macs and huge cinema displays. Whatever.

Best,

Marcus