Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]sending an email from SimpleMail

From: Betty (bettyy_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Dec 25 2005 - 18:37:22 PST

Hi Ronnie,

I thought error 550 was the relay error. That means that your ISP does not allow outgoing mail unless the mail is sent through them (i.e. you need to be logged into your ISP when sending mail). Some ISPs will add an authentication server that you can use when you're not logged into your ISP.

For example, for Earthlink, my normal outgoing server that I can use when I'm logged into Earthlink is smtp.earthlink.net. But when I'm accessing the internet from a different ISP (like my work account), I have to use their authentication server smtpauth.earthlink.net and also provide an outgoing mail password. Fortunately, Simplemail allows use of an outgoing authentication server and for entering an outgoing password.

Hope this helps.

Betty
bettyy at earthlink dot net