Re: [NTLK] Use of NCU with Ethernet 3com card

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Dec 20 2005 - 19:02:13 PST

In this situation I would
*on the newton side, make sure that when the card is inserted that I
chose 'use for appletalk', confirm that card is selected. When
connecting with the dock application, choose Appletalk and disregard
presented options, instead select 'other computer' then even if it
seems identical to one already on your list choose it. If you
haven't tried it already, reset the newton.

On the Mac side in OS 9, launch NCU then under the edit menu look at
Preferences to make sure that appletalk is selected for NCU.

If these fail, reinstall NCU and allow any extension to override
newer ones that may exist.

Same should work in Panther make sure appletalk is turned on in
System Preferences>network>configure>appletalk

Woody