Re: [NTLK] SimpleMail, internet error -19002 with Bluetooth

From: Roland Roberts (roland_at_astrofoto.org)
Date: Sun Dec 18 2005 - 23:15:35 PST

    me> I found another reference to this in the archives, but alas, no
    me> answer:

    me> http://newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2004-08/0000.html

    me> I'm not sure what I managed to change with the configuration,
    me> but it is consistently failing for me at this point. And it
    me> leaves the serial link on the bluetooth card up, so I can't use
    me> it. An attempt to reset the card fails. Ejecting the card
    me> crashes the Newt; the only option is a reset :-(

    me> Anyone have any ideas....

After a bit of poking at my linux logs, I realized the problem is that I
was swapping the card back and forth between Newton's trying to make
sure they were both set up correctly. The card had last been in the
"other" newton, and since encryption was enabled, the host was rejecting
the connection---it looked like a spoofed connection to it. I had to
re-pair, then all was well.

However...

The "other" newton in this story is getting an error after a reset:
214848288. And when I attempt to set up a Bluetooth connection, it
won't show up as a choice in Internet Setup. If I click i/About, it
shows bluetooth is an installed component, but I can't select it. I've
already deleted all of the NIE stuff, Blunt, Neo, Nitro, etc.,
reinstalled it all and I'm still not getting past this. I have no idea
what's triggering the error or how to get past it....

roland

--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland_at_rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court