Re: [NTLK] Another bluetooth question...with Linux

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 09:03:37 PST

On 12/16/05, Roland Roberts <roland_at_astrofoto.org> wrote:
> I think the problem was that I had configured an imap server but not an
> smtp server. Additionally, my imap server requires encryption, and I'm
> not sure what I would have to do to make that work (or maybe it already
> does work?). Since the bluetooth connection is on my home LAN, the smtp
> and once I set that up in SimpleMail, the mail works fine.

Hi Roland,

Great to see that you got it working! :)
One day maybe I'll give it a try.

By your tag line I'll assume you're in Brooklyn?
Well if you are and would be interested in a NYC NUG meeting please
contact me Off-List. I know others have tried this but I wanted to try
and see how many are out there in the area (be it Tri-State) and what
their interests are in having one.

So if ANY User that falls in the NYC Tri-State Area who'd be
interested in a NUG Meeting please provide the following information.

Name
Location (General is fine)
Contact info (Email and/or Tel/Cel)
Days & TIme available to meet.

Add'l Info - (If you'd liekto share) Newton you own, what you use
software and hardware, what you'd be interested in seeing, learning
and discussing.

I'll Collect this info up and likely around March or earlier I'll send
a follow up email too all who resopnded and provide the name(s) &
(contact info if the indiviual user wants their info passed out - and
what info to be passed out)

Then I will take suggestions for possible meet dates with times.
Hopefully I can meet some of you who I've had on occasion to speak to in person.

One consideration woudl be to meet at the Queens College Campus wher I
have access to a COnference Room, Video Projection Equipment and if I
can borrow another room also Internet Connectivity.

I hope this is an appealing offer to all the users who are close enough to come.

Sorry for the Divergent Topic on this thread.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung