Re: [NTLK] Emate 300 hinge and screen

From: David Schlachter (davids_newton_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 18:12:40 PST

You might want to take a look at this site here
http://www.inventors-emporium.co.uk/pages/newton-emate-hinge.html. It
has instructions on how to fix a punctured cable, and but that requires
some _really_ fine soldering and probably wouldn't be a good idea. On
the same site there are also instructions of fixing the hinges, a much
easier process. There are some replacement cables floating around that
I believe were made by a fellow by the name of Ferdi Ozguner, but I
have no idea how you would get in touch with him. On Frank Gruendel's
website, there is a bit of information on the replacement cable (see
http://www.pda-soft.de/ematecable.html). It would also appear that you
could buy a new cable here
http://www.angelfire.com/oz/newtonian/edc.htm.
Anyways, good luck on fixing your eMate's display cable.

--
David Schlachter
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alan.schlachter/darcyvoice