Re: [NTLK] BT-001 v1.1

From: Sonya Hipper (sonyalynn_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 09:59:30 PST

Jake,

> Hi folks. Well, I finished the next version of the BT-001 card.
> This one is Blunt capable and work with the "Internal Module" setting
> and the Generic driver at 57600.
> You can see pictures here: http://www.allaboutjake.com/newton/
> bt-001.html

Well done!

> I haven't done much testing yet. However, range seems to be poor. I
> don't know if this is my fault yet, but it probably is. I am not an
> RF radio engineer, and I built the antenna design based on my best
> guess. I may have guessed wrong.
>
> Range seems to be about 5 feet with the cover off, less with the back
> cover on. I haven't tried scraping off the shielding of the inside
> of the case to see if this makes a difference.
>
> It does work though, and I've successfully used Blunt and Neo to
> transfer notes to my Powerbook.

Very well done, indeed! Keep at it and I know you'll get it to work
at least as well as a PCMCIA or CompactFlash BT card in a Newt. :-)

Maybe you should also look at merging a "SER-001" with BT-001
so that people can have both on one card. Just a notion.

Either way, keep kicking ass!

-Sonya

==
     "I urge you all today, especially today during these
times of chaos and war, to love yourself without reservations
and to love each other without restraint. Unless you're into
leather. And then, by all means, use restraints."
                                                 —Margaret Cho

Sonya Hipper
sonyalynn_at_earthlink.net
AIM: SonyaLynn