Re: [NTLK] Sorry folks but I am giving up...

From: laurie (laurie.jane.kern_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 13:50:53 PST

oh darn and I love ebooks!!!! I have one of the orignal Softbooks too, along with a Sharp OZ-1 and various other pda's and gadgets, but thats off track.

What killed it for me? Well lets see....
1) I sold the computer I had originally been using so I had to download all the software again - and I am still on dialup so doing it at work is a PITA.
2) My (personal) new computer is a TabletPC which does not have a serial port so I would have had to purchase a serial to usb converter and then deal with getting the connection to work ....
3)I loved playing NewTris, reading ebooks, taking quick notes but... I was never happy with various things: route to "delete" - now that just did not seem logical to me; some apps I wanted did not exist; but I LOVED the handwriting and that is why I have a TabletPC (hpTC1100); carrying the tablet and Fig was a bit tooooo much at times.
4) I am on the road for work and so I could not get information "out" too easily as I can not load "other" software on my work laptop.
5) I could not get my email on it - though last year I worked on that for several weekends.

So in the end I felt I was always fighting some issue, spending loads of time reading posts to the list tracking down stuff - but with being on the road and not being able to do stuff during the week... it was just too-too much

Don't get me wrong, everyone on the list has been most helpful - that is why I offered Fig its older sibling (the h1000) to the people on the list first.

So, I have a buyer for Fig, now I need to find a nice home for the other one.

Laurie.

From: DJ Vollkasko <DJ_Vollkasko () gmx ! net>
Date: 2005-12-07 20:15:03

Noooooo... I was just looking forward to be showering Fig the Newt with
brilliant eBooks for Christmas (like I've done the last two years
running).
Oh well. And what about all the neat games out there and stuff? And all
the pretty books?

Anything we can do to make you not putting Fig up for adoption?

Which straw broke yer donkey's back? What didn't work for you? Last
thing I'd read you were wondering if you was going ter brainwipe or not. So
what.....