[NTLK] Compact Flash Transfers to 2100 from Mac Laptop

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 16:48:32 PDT

Quick question.
As a means to install packages onto my Newton 2100, to avoid all
connection issues, is it possible for me to just pop out the Newton's
Flash card and slide it into my G4 Laptop's PCMCIA slot, copy using
the Finder a package(s) to the Flash Card, then, take the card out of
the Laptop and slide it back into the Newton, then on the Newton
install the package? If so this would I believe totally solve my
prior post asking for advice on what platform, and what topology best
to use to install packages to a 2100. If this can all work it would
be a simple, straightforward solution and I would not even need
Classic, correct?

Thank you again everyone for your support. I'll lend a helping hand
when I know a little more. I appreciate everyone's patience. John